This Vegan Muffin Recipe uses chia seeds and is also gluten-free.
Vegan Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
We have taken a recipe we found online @ themovementmenu.com, and we have modified it.
- ¼ c. coconut oil melted & cooled if necessary
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- ½ c. unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp. Frontier vanilla flavoring
- 1 c. all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ c. almond flour
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/3 c. blueberries save 1/3 cup for sprinkling on top
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds mixed into ¼ c. pure water let sit 10 min.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and adjust the
oven rack to the middle position. Oil muffin tin with
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the wet
ingredients until well combined.
Sift in the dry ingredients. Stir softly until everything has
been well incorporated, but do not over mix!
Fold in the blueberries.
Fill each tin about 3/4 full. Don't worry too much about it
going too high. The muffins won't rise much. The batter
should divide evenly among 10 tins
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 22-25 minutes, or until
a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.