Sunflower & Sesame Seed Pate
Another warm weather favorite is any type of nut or seed pate rolled into a collard leaf. In this case, the delicious Asian inspired sunflower pate.
Soak sunflower & sesame seeds overnight in plenty of pure water (seeds will absorb water) in morning, rinse seeds well under running water and drain in colander.
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds or 3/4 cup sunflower
- 1/4 cup sesame
Add to food processor with:
- ¼-1/2 garlic clove
- ½ inch peeled ginger
- Few drops sesame seed oil optional
- Pinch or 2 of cinnamon or 5 spice powder
- Pinch or 2 of ground cumin
- Tsp. agave nectar or other sweetener
- Braggs or Coconut Aminos
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast not raw
- may add 1 or 2 tablespoons raw tahini or chickpea miso for added flavor & nutrients.
Cut into small dice: celery, sweet pepper, carrot, daikon (optional) minced parsley
Put contents of food processor into large bowl and mix in the veg. You can use whatever veg. you like.
Spread pate onto nori for rolls, or put inside romaine hearts, roll into a collard or swiss chard leaf, spread on thin slices of sweet potatoes, cucumber, crackers, even as a sandwich spread. As always, adjust flavors to your liking. This makes a great picnic food.